JAKARTA, PALESTINOW.COM – Exactly one week, last Friday 14/7 Masjid Al-Aqsa has been closed for anyone. The Israeli Zionist government closed and banned the Friday Prayers inside Masjid.
This incident is the first time after Israeli occupation control it since June 6, 1967. In the early morning, there was a shootout, between Palestinian youths attacked three Israeli police guard Al-Asbat Gate Door, one of the entrances of Masjid al-Aqsa compound. All three died in the court of Masjid al-Aqsa.
Masjid al-Aqsa was sterilized from Muslim worshipers who entered since the Friday incident. Closed fully and the call to prayer (Athan) is forbidden. Access to enter Masjid al-Aqsa re-opened on Sunday (16/7). With a strict security checks through the electric gate.
Surprisingly, Israel did not forbid the Jewish settlers to enter the al-Aqsa compound, causing resentment from the Palestinian Muslims until it led to physical clashes with Israeli police. Especially after forbid a funeral prayer for a corpse in the Masjid al-Aqsa.
Until today, Thursday 20/7 Masjid Al-Aqsa is still occupied by Israel and restrict inhumanly entry access into it.
There is possibility of Israel utilizing this incident as a reason to divide Al-Aqsa for Muslims and Jews based on time and place.
In order to respond to the latest progress, the number of national leaders and NGO for Palestine incorporated in Indonesian Alliance Defends Al-Aqsa Mosque (AIMMA) gathered in the Great Mosque of al-Azhar Jakarta after Friday prayer, 21/7, arrange the agenda of the ummah related to the blasphemy of Masjid al-Aqsa.
Among the key points in this joint statement are:
1. Criticize and condemn the Israeli Zionist actions that shut down and restrict access to Masjid al-Aqsa as opposed to human rights in performing worship according to its convictions.
2. Invite the scholars and preachers to continue to remind the obligations of Muslims, stand up and defend the sanctity of Masjid al-Aqsa.
3. Invite all Muslims, in particular, to protest simultaneously to reject and condemn the actions of the Zionist Israel
4. Calls on the Indonesian government to play an active role in encouraging the creation of a conducive atmosphere in the Masjid al-Aqsa, especially for Muslims who want to pray there.
5. Calls on the Indonesian Parliament to cooperate with international parliaments in resolving the arbitrariness and tyranny of the Zionist Israel
6. Invite NGOs and International institutions for more raising awareness and humanity to the Palestinian issue, particularly to protect the freedom of worship for Muslims in Masjid al-Aqsa and assist the Palestinian people in achieving independence and sovereignty.
Also present in this action: KH. Nasir Zein, KH. Bachtiar Nasir, Ust. Muhammad Arifin Ilham, Ust. Ferry Nur, Ust. Saiful Bahri, Ust. Suhartono, Ust. Ahmad Yani, Ust. Agus Sudarmaji, Ustd. Nurjannah Hulwani, and other National figures.
The event is supported by: ASPAC for Palestine – SOA (Spirit of Aqsa) – KISPA – KNRP – ACT – BSMI – ADARA Relief International- Sahabat AQSA – AQL – The Indonesian Supreme Council for Islamic Propagation – Rafah Islamic boarding school – Azzikra – PB Mathla’ul Anwar – Khairu Ummah -KAMMI – FSLDK – Jakarta Synergy – Pui – Peduli Jilbab – Gemas -LMI – Bidik Production – United Muslim – Cadik – Pejuang Subuh.