JERUSALEM, PALESTINOW.COM – Palestinian Health Minister Mai al-Keileh announced Friday that the number of cases of COVID-19 in Palestine has risen to 16.
She said in a press statement that nine new cases were confirmed in the West Bank city of Bethlehem.
The statement also said that there are 120 cases under home quarantine.
On Thursday, al-Keileh announced that Palestine’s first seven cases were detected in Bethlehem.
Following al-Keileh’s announcement, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday declared a state of emergency in Palestine for 30 days.
In Gaza, schools and universities announced on Friday afternoon that they decided to close until further notice.
The United Nations Relief and Work Agency for Palestinian Refugees in the Near East also announced that it decided to temporarily close all its schools in the Gaza Strip as a precautionary step.
Meanwhile, the local health ministry in Gaza announced on Friday afternoon that the Gaza Strip is so far free of the novel coronavirus.
It called on the populations of the Gaza Strip to abide by the instructions of the health ministry and the World Health Organization.
Source : Xinhua